[plug] Fedora changes in Samba ?

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri Apr 2 16:14:25 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 15:27, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Well when I was tested with Samba 3.0.1 under Fedora, you had to set
> "requiresignorseal" to zero, otherwise you couldn't even get an XP Pro
> machine to join the domain.  That was with SP1 installed.

I suppose i should've put more in to the last email i sent. :)

Today i trashed my PDC (Samba 3.0.2a on Debian Sarge)
apt-get remove --purge samba samba-common

I also built a new XP Pro machine and changed the registry keys back to
default on another XP Pro machine. Both of them went on to the domain
without trouble.

I was fairly sure one of the features of samba 3 was not having to use
registry hacks. I can't see it in the official documentation that it is
needed but it does say it in the un-official docs. I tend to think it is
more magic and habit.

One reference i did find was from Andrew Bartlett - Manager,
Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team. Where he says "With Samba 3.0,
there is no need to apply *any* registry hacks to the
clients."
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-November/001589.html
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-December/077687.html

Regards