[plug] Fedora changes in Samba ?

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Sat Apr 3 10:18:45 WST 2004

<snip>
> After you did the reg keys you would've rebooted its the
> reboot that might've fixed the problem.
>
> My usual cycle
> add reg keys
> reboot
> add workgroup
> reboot
> add domain
> reboot
> log onto local machine not domain.
> add whatever domain users to local administrator group.
> reboot
> log on and test
> I am sure that 1 or 2 of those reboots can be replaced by net
> use * /del /y but with windows rebooting just feels ----
> safer :) and a lot easier in the long run.

Tee hee

Add reg keys, add workgroup
Reboot
Add domain
Reboot
Login as Domain Administrator, add local admins, logout,
check local admins work, gpupdate to check group policy.

<snip>

> While where on the subject of Windows update. Microsoft is
> giving away free update CDs. Everyone should get one. Even if
> you don't use M$ you should get it and give it to a friend.
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
> Has all the update for win 98/me 2K/XP up till October 2003
>
> I got mine about a week later.

Nope still waiting for mine after 4 weeks :(
P2P has a "temproary" copy though...

Again on the subject of Wupdate, have you added anything to squid?

http://glob.com.au/windowsupdate_cache/

Works really well with transparent proxying :)

> Regards.
>
> --
> Linux Information Technology
> Society of Linux Professionals WA