[plug] slow data rate

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Tue Apr 6 10:01:33 WST 2004

Hi Folks,
 I am currently getting some 2.5k bits/sec in average with a 56k modem(V.90 Spirit Cougar) when downloading. I have checked the line connections in the little white round Telecom connection box as well as the contacts in the wall outlet(pin2 +53.6V, pin6 -53.6V) and I have made sure that the phone cable(dual twisted pair) does not come anywhere near any power cable.
I tried to slow down the modem speed to 33.6kbps or to speed it up to 115.2 kbps. I did not notice of any difference. I am getting the same slow speed with both Xandros and SuSE. Are there any other settings, adjustments or facts I should check before I start complaining bitterly to the ISP(iPrimus)?
 Any comment/advice would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                  Regards
                                                                                               Milan Pospisil