[plug] Linux Australia FTA Position Paper

Mark Tearle mtearle at tearle.com
Mon Apr 5 21:15:18 WST 2004

Hi everyone!

	I usually just lurk on this list, but part of my recently-adopted Linux
Australia Committee duty is to keep in touch with PLUG (which, as you
can tell, I've sucked at so far).

	Still, we're very worried about the IP clauses of the FTA, and we've
had a lawyer go over it and prepared a position paper.  It's probably
worth a look: we have less than a month before the Senate FTA
committee's closing date for reports, and we'll be announcing more this
week.

It's pretty scary stuff...
	http://linux.org.au/papers/fta-paper.pdf

Thanks!

Mark
PS. This email blatantly stolen from Rusty.
--
Mark Tearle - treasurer at linux.org.au - fax: +61 2 8211 5211

Linux Australia Inc. - ABN 56 987 117 479
GPO Box 4788,  Sydney NSW 2001, Australia