[plug] Receiving emails to a script

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Apr 7 07:31:39 WST 2004

My problem with imap stuff is it just don't scale imho. The bigger the box
your polling the longer it takes to read it. and over time as more goes in
the box, the more your performance drops/

Where as farting something straight out of the mta to the process really
scales linearly. each mail takes n amount of time regardless.

Also its quicker.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.