[plug] Receiving emails to a script

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Apr 7 10:02:23 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 07:31, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> My problem with imap stuff is it just don't scale imho. The bigger the box
> your polling the longer it takes to read it. and over time as more goes in
> the box, the more your performance drops

I guess. The IMAP server I use makes this almost a non-issue, thanks to
good indexing etc. Also, the script I used EXPUNGEd the mailbox when it
was done.

In my case, it was useful, as I could process quite a few messages at
once in a script that should never have multiple copies of its self
running at once.

Craig Ringer