[plug] RCS unix file attributes

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Apr 10 19:06:26 WST 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:48:27 +0800 James Devenish <devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> How about a -k option? I couldn't find one in the RCS docs, but perhaps
> there is something analogous to CVS's -ko option (if -ko is indeed the
> relevant option).

I resorted to trolling the rcs source. I'll go back and look at how it handles
-k switches.

> > If someone can tell me why debian rcs has the MS-DOS file type by default
>
> Huh? What makes you think it /does/ in the first place? (Debian woody's
> RCS behaves in the UNIX manner.)

Hmmm. These are new files that I've created with vim and used ci
to archive to the RCS dir. co them and the buggers have got CRs in 'em.
The rcs is vanilla woody so I can't figure out why it would mangle my
unix files with CRs.

Maybe my brain is encouraging me to do something else during the easter
break :-/  Thanks James, I'll keep tinkering. I can google rcs -k now ..

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/