[plug] To SUSE or not to SUSE?

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Wed Apr 14 20:35:02 WST 2004

 --- Matthew Prouse <mousematt at webace.com.au> wrote:
>Does anyone run SUSE 9.0 here? Will you be upgrading?

IMHO...

I've used suse for years. Can't say there's anything wrong with it. I still
have suse 9.0 on my laptop because debian/libranet can't seem to handle my
pcmcia network card correctly (very old and has always been difficult). But
since suse was sold I now install debian/LN on all my other machines. I found
that suse is great as long as you do things the suse way. And for a
non-technical user desktop, IMHO, that's great.

But using LN now I've found there's no comparison to the amount of help and
just general information out there for the debian distrobution. And apt-get
is a wonder after years of rpm's.  :)

I've never used mandrake.

Don't know if any of that helps, but I sure feel better.  ;-)

--
Regards,
Russ