[plug] [OT] What are USB A-A cables good for?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 16 20:41:18 WST 2004

In message <1082119017.1200.63.camel at syngery>
on Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:36:58PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> I got some USB2 A-A cables thinking I could use them as extensions but
> it appears not.

I don't know about USB 2 A-A cables, but I don't intuitively understand
why using such a cable as an extension would be a problem (given that
such things are available for USB 1). Of course, I am thinking that
you'd buy a male-female cable if you wanted to use it as an extension
cord.