[plug] ISA IRQ's and io addresses - Hardware Detection Tool needed

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Apr 16 23:55:36 WST 2004

These cards usually comes with diagnostic software that you can run from DOS.  The NE2000 I believe run a program call plusdiag.exe,  not sure about The SMC.  I'm sure I may have The diagnostics program for an NE2000 Plus in my collection of old software.   When I get back to The office I'll have a look around and see what I have.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> michael.j.hunt at usa.net 1:07:57 pm 16/04/2004 >>>
Hiya all,

Does anyone know of any simple hardware detection tools that can be run
from a floppy (preferably under Linux, but DOS is fine) that can show
what IRQ's, io's etc are being used. I am trying to get some SMC and
NE2000 ISA cards working on my IPCOP box and need to know some info
about the cards to determine if they are duds, my hardware is dud or I
am just setting the wrong irq's etc. Auto probing for the cards is not
working.

Michael Hunt

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au