[plug] [OT] Open Source Franchise

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Apr 16 23:27:08 WST 2004

I came across an interesting weblog that discusses the concept of an
open source franchise (after googleing for that term)

In a way I don't like it (the article_ because it goes straight into
talking about the bad aspects of franchises and how going open source
could fix this.

I would have talked about how successful the franchise model is and how
open source could actually revolutionise it and take it to the next
level.

I would have written it differently but I haven't so anyway here is the
article:

http://blog.humeco.com.au/archives/000008.html

thanks,

Chris Caston

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.