[plug] copying a floppy larger than 1.44

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Mon Apr 19 22:44:17 WST 2004

Well, thank you Mr Raven and Mr Craig, putting both your replies together with
my stack of old floppies I now have coyote backed up.

To recap:

Insert coyote floppy
dd if=/dev/fd0u1680 of=coyote.img
Insert blank floppy
fdformat /dev/fd0u1680
dd if=coyote.img of=/dev/fd0u1680

It was only my distrust of the quality of my floppies (and the fact it was
real easy to check, just turn power off, swap floppies, turn power on :-))
that made me check if the backup worked. Glad I did.

Thanks again for the help.

--- Russ Powers <russ at powerstech.com> wrote:
> --- raven at themaw.net wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Russ Powers wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I use coyote linux which is a router/firewall on a floppy.
> > >
> > > When I created it I chose the recommended floppy image size of 1.68M.
Now

--
Regards,
Russ