[plug] KMail on Mandrake 10

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Wed Apr 28 16:52:07 WST 2004

Leon Brooks wrote:

| Specificially, remove kmail under its old name (I think "rpm -e
| kdenetworking-kmail" but "rpm -qa | grep kmail" will tell you for sure)
| and re-install it under its new ("urpmi kdepim-kmail").

*mumbles about apt handling this kind of thing automagically*

| I also find that doing mv Mail .Mail is safer than letting the new KMail
| "migrate" stuff there.

!?  When I tried KMail (1.6.2) on my machine the other day, it never
attempted to rename my Mail directory at all.  Looking more carefully,
it did create extra folders inside it, so I now have sent-mail, Sent,
Outbox, drafts, Drafts, trash and Trash folders.  Isn't consistency
great? ;-)  Fortunately it seemed to handle my real (IMAP) mail more
sanely.

Perhaps it's a Debian thing.  Or a Mandrake thing.

Cameron.