[plug] KMail on Mandrake 10

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Apr 28 16:41:19 WST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:37, J Michael Gilks wrote:
> This is more likely a problem caused by KDE reorganising, but for
> anyone upgrading, it may be a good move to remove kmail first and
> then install kdepim during the upgrade.

Specificially, remove kmail under its old name (I think "rpm -e
kdenetworking-kmail" but "rpm -qa | grep kmail" will tell you for sure)
and re-install it under its new ("urpmi kdepim-kmail").

I also find that doing mv Mail .Mail is safer than letting the new KMail
"migrate" stuff there.

Read the headers on this message. IW4M. (-:

Cheers; Leon