[plug] rooted routing :(

bob bob at fots.org.au
Thu Apr 29 11:18:32 WST 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 09:53, russ powers wrote:
> I had this problem.
>
> What I had to do was set eth1 to use dhcp, not a static ip. And make the
> lan 192.168.1.x (because the modem defaults to 192.18.0.X when the line
> is dead). This is with a DSL-300.

Netcom were nice enough to default to 192.168.1.1 for the device.

I really hope that it does not come to having everything on the same segment
- it would make the statefull firewalling (rather than the NAT provided by
the router) that I want to do more difficult.

I am beginning to regret purchasing this Netcom box :(.

--
There's such a thing as too much point on a pencil.
		-- H. Allen Smith, "Let the Crabgrass Grow"