[plug] Frozen-bubble

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Aug 2 17:16:21 WST 2004

Jim Householder wrote:

> '/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/SDL_perl/SDL_perl.so'
> for module SDL_perl: libGL.so.1: cannot handle TLS data at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.

The mention of "TLS data" and libGL makes me suspect that there's some
kind of mismatch between your kernel, your libc and your video
drivers.  However I don't know much about TLS other than [a] it's new
in 2.6 kernels, something to do with a new multi-threading
implementation; [b] it needs libc support; and [c] it affects nvidia's
proprietary drivers somehow.  Hopefully someone else may have a better
understanding of the interactions going on here...

Cameron.