[plug] Creating a Wiki experiance ?

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Wed Aug 4 11:43:06 WST 2004

Sorry for the late reply. Last year I started using a wiki in the office
and it has turned out to solve a lot of problems when it comes to
documents which several people contribute to, like for instance,
committee minutes. No more sending attachments and concurrent versioning
problems.

I looked at and installed many wikis. I eventually settled upon <a
href="http://tavi.sourceforge.net/">WikkiTikkiTavi</a> because it was
both simple to configure and use, and because I really liked it's layout
which is quite printer friendly also. WikkiTikkiTavi is php/sql based,
which I also like because I have a simple means of dumping the content
from mysql, and there ought not be any meaningful speed impact as it
grows - which may be a problem if you use UseMod (which is uses a
flat-file db) and the content becomes very large.

But at the end of the day it's horses for courses and you need to find a
wiki that best suites your needs.

HTH; sol