[plug] The meaning of life

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Aug 4 16:43:38 WST 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:12:16PM +0800, tcleary2 at csc.com.au wrote:
> Is this a shell dependent thing? ( i.e. can someone test something other
> than bash or derivatives? )

No, it's dependent on the man implementation.  Debian has something
called man-db (version 2.4.1-10 on my system), RedHat 9 has man 1.5k,
OpenBSD has their own version derived from the BSD sources, and others
have different ones.  Many of them have a common ancestry, but
programmers, managers and documentation teams have changed messages
along the way.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
/*
 * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to
 * terminate things with extreme prejudice.
*/
die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
(From linux/arch/i386/mm/fault.c)