[plug] VPN's

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Thu Aug 5 16:20:26 WST 2004

Not really sure whats required but here's the situation.

People that work here travel outside of the metro area and have to have
access to work files.  We have dialup access through westnet whereever
we are.  Now is there a way to have access to the file server at work
authenticate the user through dialup without the long distance phone
calls and all of that.

I believe VPN's are teh way to go.  If they are can you point me in the
right direction for the following.

1. Doc's to help setup the software.
2. What authentication all of you's would recommend.
3.  Any other pointers you can help me with.

All the stuff I have found from googling tells me its the way to go but
most everyone on the list would have more experience so a bit of
direction would be great.

TIA

Marc