[plug] Frozen-bubble

nofixed nofixed at westnet.com.au
Thu Aug 5 23:56:14 WST 2004

---- Original Message ----
From: cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Frozen-bubble
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:16:21 +0800

>Jim Householder wrote:
>

>'/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/SDL_pe
>rl/SDL_perl.so'
>> for module SDL_perl: libGL.so.1: cannot handle TLS data at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
>229.
>
>The mention of "TLS data" and libGL makes me suspect that there's
>some
>kind of mismatch between your kernel, your libc and your video
>drivers.  However I don't know much about TLS other than [a] it's new
>in 2.6 kernels, something to do with a new multi-threading
>implementation; [b] it needs libc support; and [c] it affects
>nvidia's
>proprietary drivers somehow.  Hopefully someone else may have a
>better
>understanding of the interactions going on here...
>
>Cameron.

I started with the 4-disc set from the installfest, then did 'urpmi
--auto-select'.  It seems that urpmi does not always leave things in
a consistent, usable state.

Kernel 2.6.3-7 is booting, but I only have source for 2.6.3-15.  The
build has been running several hours now (200MHz).

When it's done, I'll try to get the winmodem working and make some
progress.  I'm currently in Las Vegas for 2 months and have lost my
high-speed connection <sigh>.

Jim
----
Hands were created for backrubs.
  Anything else you can do with them is a bonus!