[plug] *** August Hacker Night Reminder ***

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Aug 8 21:42:20 WST 2004

Hi all,

This isn't on for another week and a half, but in the interests of
keeping it fresh(-ish) in everyone's minds I thought I'd post this
reminder tonight.

INAUGURAL PLUG HACKER NIGHT -- a.k.a. Third Thursday Meetings

What:
    For people who know Linux well to get cool things done, in the
    company of other like-minded inviduals.  (i.e., what Adrian said)

    *** If you're thinking of coming, please let me know, as it helps
        to have some idea of the numbers involved.  Thank you.

    The list below may give you a rough idea of the kinds of projects
    that others might be working on:

     - Giving back to the community: putting together a new Debian
       Sarge-based distribution for Computer Angels.

     - PLUG stuff: help us catalogue the catalogue the PLUG library,
       hack on a nice membership database.

     - General programming: implement some kind of indexing/caching so
       that Mutt isn't so horribly slow on large folders.

     - Kernel hacking: trying to get suspend working better on
       Cameron's laptop :-P

     - And anything else that /you/ can think of!

Time:
    Thursday, 19th August 2004.  7:30pm onwards.

    If this proves to be a success, we may make this a regular event
    on the third Thursday of the month, put it up on the PLUG web
    site, etc.

Location:
    Central Chemical Consulting Pty Ltd, upstairs rooms
    Unit 1, 11 Narloo Street
    Malaga

    Network arrangements:  Limited internet access will be available
    through our proxy.

Cheers,

Cameron.