[plug] *** August Hacker Night Reminder ***

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Aug 9 09:16:05 WST 2004

Sham Chukoury wrote:
> The hacker night event sounds cool. :) However, I'm still wondering what
> to expect from the event.. Will it be like a quick LAN where everyone
> brings their favourite Linux box (hey, we don't all have cool little
> laptops (laptops? cool? heh) with wireless cards to lug around), plugs
> in and and hacks around for a while? An informal how-to session with
> participants explaining how they set up some cool software, or wrote a
> cool utility/application? Either way, I reckon I'm in. :)

More like the former, but this is the first time we've tried it so I
suppose we'll play it by ear a bit.  There's not going to be /that/ much
space (or rather, not much in the way of tables) so laptops are
preferred over desktops :-)  I think having informal how-tos would be
nice too, but then we'd have to find someone to present the thing -- and
it's hard enough finding speakers for the Tuesday seminars.

Cameron.