[plug] New to the list& Linux+Help

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 14:23:26 WST 2004

Hi Bart,

In message <BD3FC202.2AB8%bartusa at ozemail.com.au>
on Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:30:59PM +0800, BART RAFFAELE wrote:
> when I switch on my PC it says initialising Plug and Play Cards....
> Card-01 Creative ViBRA16c PnP.

If you have some sort of Creative-brand card in our PC, doesn't the Plug
and Play message sounds like good news?? Or is your problem that you
don't have any such card? Or did you mean to say that the computer hangs
soon after printing that message?

> Can any one help! can I boot from the cd's to try an install it again.

If you started from scratch the first time around, I would hope that
there's no problem starting from scratch again (other than the loss of
your time, of course). There are many Mandrake users on this list, but
they might not be sure what your problem is.