[plug] New to the list& Linux+Help

Rod lavo at mac.com
Wed Aug 11 15:04:15 WST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 2:58 pm, Bernd Felsche wrote:

<snip>

> > I'd suggest re-installing from scratch.
>
> I don't know how restartable Mandrake is; SuSE allows you to boot
> off the installation CD and to boot an installed system; upon which
> you select the boot disk for the bombed install. SuSE then picks up
> approximately where it left off - the previous "checkpoint" of the
> install.
>
> If you'd not yet started the physical installation to hard disk,
> then that is of course not possible.

If you originally installed the system off CD, you should be able to do the
same again.  Make sure your boot order in BIOS has CDROM before IDE.  Then
you should be able to run the installer again, format the drive and reinstall
the OS.

I installed Mandrake 10 2 weeks ago on this PC and had to do the same thing!

BTW, has anyone got WINE to work correct with MDK 10?  I have tried installing
via a RPM package and through compiling generic install of WINE.  And yes, I
should be using the Linux version of apps, but this is a DOS app that will
never be ported!

Seeya

Rod!
--