[plug] small form factor Termnial machines

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 11 16:38:15 WST 2004

Leon Brooks wrote:

> http://www.motium.com.au/ have an office in South Perth, have had one
> prototype box DOA some time ago, all of their others have been
> flawless. There's a server version in WAIX on top of the rack nearest
> the door, but I know they do desktop (or really back-of-flatscreen)
> versions too.

Hmm, yes. This looks really attractive for diskless thin clients, too:
http://www.motium.com.au/products/mpc/mpc210/index.html - though they
don't seem to offer the 500MHz C3 :-( and don't say anything about PXE.
I might see if I can get my hands on one to test for LTSP, hopefully
with a 500MHz Eden or C3 and no HDD. I'll let you folks know if I have
any luck.

For the purposes Patrick Tehvand originally asked about, these look to
be much better suited than the options I pointed out. Personally, I
/like/ diskless systems, but if you want a thin independent system then
these look like a really nice option.

--
Craig Ringer