[plug] small form factor Termnial machines

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Aug 11 17:13:05 WST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:38, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hmm, yes. This looks really attractive for diskless thin clients,
> too: http://www.motium.com.au/products/mpc/mpc210/index.html - though
> they don't seem to offer the 500MHz C3 :-( and don't say anything
> about PXE.

It does PXE. They *all* do.

> I might see if I can get my hands on one to test for LTSP,
> hopefully with a 500MHz Eden or C3 and no HDD. I'll let you folks
> know if I have any luck.

> For the purposes Patrick Tehvand originally asked about, these look
> to be much better suited than the options I pointed out. Personally,
> I /like/ diskless systems, but if you want a thin independent system
> then these look like a really nice option.

Motium have in the past done all manner of variants on request - unless
they're flat out with existing orders - so it won't hurt to ask. There
are some other very special options and form-factors in the pipeline
that I've been sworn to secrecy on, so check back at their site every
so often.

Cheers; Leon