[plug] [OT] Insurance recommendations

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Aug 12 12:11:33 WST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Daniel Pearson wrote:

> You'd probably be wanting to consider Public Liability insurance, too -
> especially if you're out and about doing onsite tech support. In that regard
> also, you may also need a Motor Vehicle Policy as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

A while ago, I contacted CGU for a quote for a home business
insurance policy. CGU is our home & contents insurer, and was one of a
number of companies offering business insurance, that I contacted. CGU
did not make any reference to the need for cross-referencing the
insurance policies, but required that certain specified security
measures be taken and documented before applying for a home business
insurance policy. The measures included deadlocks to all entry doors to
the building, and locks/security screens to all windows.

A home business policy must, as a matter of course, include public
indemnity insurance, and, for a computer consultancy, especially. From
memory, all government departments require any service provider, to have
public indemnity insurance, before they will consider using them.

As the original query is not included in any of the responses above, I
suggest to the original poster of the query, that he look for the SLPWA
public list, subscribe to that list, and also post the query on that
list. Whilst both lists may have common subscribers, that is a list for
IT professionals and people interested in becoming IT professionals,
relating to Linux and open source, and may be a more appropriate place
to post such a query.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale