[plug] [OT] bur.st unreachable

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Aug 12 14:39:32 WST 2004

Ben Jensz wrote:

> I have to say though, I think the score so far this year is about this:
>
> Bridged ADSL - 3
> PPPoE/A ADSL - 0

Agreed. I was forced kicking and screaming off bridged DSL, which we
used at work from before there even WAS PPPoE ADSL in common use here.

I'll be trying to switch back soon, since the last couple of years have
shown that PPPoE is too vunerable to overloads after mass dropouts and
to authentication problems.

My only concern is that last time I looked at this, Telstra quoted up to
three weeks of downtime to make the change. *shudder*.

--
Craig Ringer