[plug] [OT] bur.st unreachable

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 12 15:24:38 WST 2004

In message <20040812071822.GH27342 at cp.yi.org>
on Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 03:18:22PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > > 	^^^
> > > 	And why are we back here now?
> > Noting how much they were delayed, and noting that in total you have
> > 20 pings to that device and 20 pings coming back, I guess it's just a
> > "display interpretation" issue.
>
> Erm, by my count there's 40 pings to and 20 back?

My mistake about the 20 versus 40! However, without knowing any
contradictory information about the way mtr works, my speculation still
stands. I realised it was possible that the routes were undergoing
changes, or lns2 was sending back some message like "I think that route
sucks, so don't bother". But my initial inclination was nevertheless to
think that it was an mtr display issue. I guess we need to hear back
from someone who has "seem it before" with that mode of mtr.