[plug] [OT] bur.st unreachable

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Aug 12 15:46:41 WST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:26:11 +0800 Ben Jensz <plug at jensz.id.au> wrote:

> Harry wrote:
>

> >Scuse my confusion [...]
>
> A bridged ADSL connection is when you don't have any authentication on
> your connection.  Essentially what happens is that your ADSL modem is
> simply a router and/or a network adaptor, and your connection is routed
> across Telstra's ADSL network.
>
> What you've got is a PPPoE connection... you can put your router into
> bridged mode.. but you still have another device performing the
> authentication and handling the connection session.

Ah. Ok. Yep we have pppoe on the firewall so now I can understand Craig
saying WTF?! since you would expect pppoe to either work or not
regardless of whether the modem or firewall was initiating the
connection and authentication. Oh well, "helllloooooo TIO" regardless.

cu
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/