[plug] [OT] Report generating utils windows

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 11:36:09 WST 2004

In message <15c501c480e5$a7e0f320$0401050a at cel2000>
on Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:28:52AM +0800, Paul Arch wrote:
> I have a software system which requires report generation from Windows.  I
> have been using ODBC from activestates Perl to drive excel spreadsheets for
> report generation, but this is too time consuming for me to create :) All
> the data is retrieved from mySQL database.

Does Python install under Windows? Are you comfortable with Python? If
so, can you use ReportLab? It comes with Craig Ringer's endorsement ;-)
(Seriously, he presented a PLUG seminar about it:
<http://www.plug.linux.org.au/events/seminar/2004-05>.)