[plug] [OT] Second-Hand Hardware Sale

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Aug 13 20:40:29 WST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:14, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole for-sale list idea. I'm happy with
> things they way they are and don't really see the demand at present.

To be perfectly honest I agree with you.  I don't mind the current system.
But if it became necessary to exclude giveaway/forsale postings from the plug
list I'd prefer a separate list to be organised rather than just divert them
to the OT list.  Harry's reminiscenes about vacuum tubes are amusing but I
don't want them flooding my mailbox just so I can score some free pc-133
sdram =).

As for commercial mailings I don't think they have any place on this mailing
list or even the proposed one unless it has something to do with plug's
activities (can't think of any off the top of my head but am willing to
concede it is possible).  My opinion is that the mailing list(s) should be
seen as an expansion of the subscriber's circle of friends.  If someone
sells/givesaway a 10G hdd to a mate that's one thing.  A very different thing
is ye olde zaibatsu trying to flog off some out-of-code stock.

YKMV

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

"He don't know me vewy well, DO he?"   -- Bugs Bunny

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/