[plug] [OT] Second-Hand Hardware Sale

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 20:27:38 WST 2004

In message <411CB0B3.2030109 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 08:14:43PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I'd tend to broaden "for sale" into "commercial"

I agree with the above, but would just like to reiterate that if this
idea gets off the ground, I still feel that (a) freebie donations should
be advertised on the main list (b) things being advertised as membership
benefits for PLUG members should be advertised on the main list under
principle. Note that I do not intend to subscribe to a commercial list
(as it doesn't interest me per se) but I would expect that if someone is
giving an "exclusive deal to members of PLUG", it would appear on the
main list. Unfortunately this might be pretty much a grey area, since
the trading list would already be "exclusive to members of PLUG". I
assume that members of the off-topic list would have more of a feel for
what is on offer. I could not understand Simon's comment about there
being "enough traffic" until I began to suspect that he was referring to
the off-topic list (I am not a subscriber of the off-topic list, so it
represents a blind spot for me).