[plug] [OT] Insurance recommendations

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 14 14:26:15 WST 2004

You should go and speak to an insurance broker if that is what you are
looking for (I am a trainee insurance broker) they can advise you on
what classes of insurance you would need for free and if you decide to
go with them, they will get you a good price (they shop all the
insurance companies: QBEMM/CGU/Allianz/Vero/Sun Royal, etc)
I could offer you some advise on what you would need, but I could get in
a lot of trouble (legally) so I won't
All I will say is some insurance that you *might* want to look at are:
* Professional indemnity (incase you get sued for professional negligence)
* Public Liability
* Worker's Comp, obviously if you are going to employ people

Contact a broker, someone good would be: EBM Insurance Brokers (West
Perth), or Western United (Perth).
Everything will depend on what you are actually doing, turnover, number
of staff, etc.
So if you want some advice, go and talk to a broker. And it won't cost
you anything.

- Brock