[plug] hiding service banner

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 15 07:56:05 WST 2004

You are right that this bit is compiled in, but the OS bit is a debian
thing.  Gentoo only shows the SSH version info as you would want.  If
you want to get rid of it, you are going to have to recompile from the
upstream source, or try and figure out how debian has corrupted it.

May the source be with you ...

BillK

OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
debug1: Connecting to rattus [192.168.1.2] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
OpenSSH_3.8.1p1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8.1p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received