[plug] Mandrake 10 Q

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Aug 16 21:28:10 WST 2004

Michael Holland wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Brad Campbell wrote:
>

>>Is there an easy way to set it up just to boot to a virtual console and not X?
>

> Just change the default runlevel in /etc/inittab .
>

>>I guess it's probably possible with a runlevel but I know absolutely
>>nothing about Mandrake.
>

> Yes. But not reaklly Mandrake-specific.

Nope, but my problem is that particular laptop is about 8,500KM away and the bloke on the other end
is not completely linux savy. Thus my asking for MDK10 specific instructions.

With Debian I can do it with one hand tied behind my back and blindfolded but I know nothing about
the specific setup of Mandrake.

Regards,
Brad