[plug] knowledge base

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Aug 18 14:52:58 WST 2004

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> I'm wondering if people can recommend a open source product that will
> act as a knowledge base.  I've read replies to questions on here and
> they are absolutely brilliant and very helpful however I may not need
> the answer to the question at this point in time but I know I will need
> them in the future.  What I would like to do is extract the question and
> associated answers and put them in a central location not necessarily
> for any other reason than for my own perusal later plus my email inbox
> is getting full because I just keep the replies so I know where they are.

Personally, I just use an IMAP folder in my mail called 'reference'
where I store copies of exceptionally handy messages. Most of the time
that's enough for me.

Another option might be a wiki, or *gasp* a directory full of saved
messages and notes. I also use a handy tool called kjots (a _decent_
notepad app) for keeping short notes and such.

--
Craig Ringer