[plug] TV/DVB Linux Grief

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:51:21 WST 2004

I picked up a TV Tuner card yesterday; AVerMedia DVB-T. (It's not
fancy, but it's cheap! ^_^)

Previous Googling showed this card should work fine under Linux.
However, wouldn't you know it, the day I get the card,
http://www.linuxtv.org/ seems to die! Gah!!

Now, trying to work out the finer details, I've been rummaging through
cached Google pages, trying to get the damn thing working. However,
most leads end up requiring more references to linuxtv.org.

I'm using Kernel 2.6.8.1, and various things detect & load fine.
However, from my reading, I'm missing a module "mt352", which othe
AVer DVB-T owners load. I can't find this in the base kernel, so I'm
guessing there's a patch I need - from www.linuxtv.org!!

Does anyone have an archive of the files I might need from this site?
Sorry to be vague - but I don't really know exactly what I need. ^_^

And on a related topic, where can I find Channel info for Perth DVB-T
Broadcasters? (The technical nitty-gritty required by the Linux
software...)

Thanks...

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University