[plug] How to add static route?

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 20 15:38:29 WST 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 03:00:55PM +0800, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> On Friday, 20 Aug 2004 11:33, Senectus . wrote:
[static route, sometimes]
> I don't know what distribution you're using, but at least for Debian,
> I've seen the whereami and netenv packages recommended for situations
> like this.
[...]

There's quite a few solutions - I'm still doing it mostly manually,
myself. laptop-net, laptop-netconf, ifplugd, switchconf, waproamd...

I'd recommend trying guessnet. In addition, you might want to figure
out resolvconf. Tell us how you go.

guessnet: Guess which LAN is connected to a network device
resolvconf: Nameserver information manager

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal