[plug] TV/DVB Linux Grief

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 20 17:30:19 WST 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> I picked up a TV Tuner card yesterday; AVerMedia DVB-T. (It's not
> fancy, but it's cheap! ^_^)

Congratulations. You won't look back. I got the technotrend/haupage card,
as its been well supported for some time. I use the drivers from the 2.6
kernel. But the latest drivers should work with Avermedia.

Have you been to http://www.linuxdvb.tv ?

You will also need to provide the firmware in the appropriate place.

> However, from my reading, I'm missing a module "mt352", which othe

Sorry, I don't see any reference to that the main CVS DVB source.

Google finds this:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/DVICO-Linux/mt352.c

> AVer DVB-T owners load. I can't find this in the base kernel, so I'm
> guessing there's a patch I need - from www.linuxtv.org!!

Try the google cache:

http://64.233.167.104/linux?q=cache:O8sB3OnQFhYJ:www.linuxtv.org/+&hl=en

> And on a related topic, where can I find Channel info for Perth DVB-T
> Broadcasters? (The technical nitty-gritty required by the Linux
> software...)

I can help you there. You can even have my scripts if you send back the
bug-fixes :-)

Mike.
--
The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.