[plug] TV/DVB Linux Grief

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:40:06 WST 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:30:19 +0800 (WST), Michael Holland
<myk at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Have you been to http://www.linuxdvb.tv ?

Yes - although I only just rummaged further into their download
section. Previously I stopped since it recommended CVS - which points
to linuxtv.org (dead!). Now I found their archive with daily
snapshots. It seems as of 18/8 the snapshots are empty - I'm guessing
that's when linuxtv.org died?

> You will also need to provide the firmware in the appropriate place.

Yep! Got that bit now...

> > However, from my reading, I'm missing a module "mt352", which othe
>
> Sorry, I don't see any reference to that the main CVS DVB source.

I think that was a red herring - I DID find it in the kernel, and it's
for Satellite or something. Found out the front-end I need is the
sp887x.

Not that I have it working yet. ^_^
Looking into those archived dvb snapshots...

> Try the google cache:
>
> http://64.233.167.104/linux?q=cache:O8sB3OnQFhYJ:www.linuxtv.org/+&hl=en

Been using it extensively - but is there any way to go from cached
page to cached page? It's frustrating seeing links to follow-ups on
related topics and not being able to get at them easily.

> > And on a related topic, where can I find Channel info for Perth DVB-T
> > Broadcasters? (The technical nitty-gritty required by the Linux
> > software...)
>
> I can help you there. You can even have my scripts if you send back the
> bug-fixes :-)

Yes please! Any help on the channel info would be appreciated!

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University