[plug] Debian Installation - Sid

Ben Woods woodsb02 at student.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 24 13:45:40 WST 2004

Hey there,

I am about to install debian on my computer. To do this, I have downloaded the
netinst cd from the debian.org site. It says it is the
installer for the sarge (testing) edition.

I am going to take my computer to the University Computer Club at UWA and use
their internet connection to access the debian mirror at
ftp.uwa.edu.au, so as it wont be charged to my account, and the download will be
fast!

What I wanted to ask is this: what do I have to do to enable the "unstable" sid
versions to be downloaded when i am installing the software?

Also if anyone knows any pitfalls i may come across during the installation,
that would really help! I have already given it a shot at home
and then aborted when it came to downloading the packages (as i couldnt download
them... i was practicing). I worked out I need to set it
up so i choose the mirror to be in Australia at ftp.uwa.edu.au. Is that all i
need to do? If i do this, am i right that i wont get charged?
And is the UCC using DHCP?

Thanx for everyone's help.

-Ben Woods
email: woodsb02 at student.uwa.edu.au