DVB-T Stuff (was Re: [plug] Re: Willing to sell your Wizard box?)

Michael Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 21:30:48 WST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:49:46 +0800, Trevor Phillips
<trevor.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:

> *rofl*
> Well, first I struggled with bleeding edge drivers for over a week,
> even resorted to Windows to test the hardware for a while (and boy is

Ouch! For those put off by this, I can report that the Hauppauge Nova-T works
with the standard 2.6 kernel drivers.  All I needed was a boot script
to modprobe the needed modules (mandrake 10 wasn't configured to
auto-load them),
to place the firmware in the correct directory, and the channel config data
for the player software. Easy :-) .

> the AVerMedia Windows software crappy!).

Ditto for the windoze software bundled with the Hauppauge.

> to grab the feed. Except it was Anamorphic-squished, and wouldn't
> scale at all.

Was this in X?  I get that trying to use framebuffer with mplayer.

>   *What to do about 4:3 shows from a 16:9 feed, on a 4:3 television.
> (ie; black borders all 'round!). I'll see if I can hotkey a zoom/crop

"$ mplayer -vf lavcdeint,crop=540" will deinterlace and crop to 4:3 size.

>   *Clearing disk space for recorded programs & time-shift buffer

Could be time to buy a new bigger drive?

>   *Fixing sound for HD feeds (haven't looked too much at this issue)

Need the AC3 codec?

cheers, Mike.