[plug] ATO Response for Linux Business Portal

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Thu Aug 26 08:13:56 WST 2004

G'day All,

Onno Benschop wrote:

> This message is to let you all know that the ATO is investigating the
> possibility of making the Business Portal work properly under Linux.
> This is important, because it would allow you to sign in with the
> government's Common Signing Interface, or CSI, which would allow you to
> interact with the government.
>
> All that is fine and dandy, but the reason I care is because it will
> also allow me to do my BAS from within Linux instead of using the ECI
> software under VMware/NT.

Onno,

I would like to add my support to your cause. I was one of the 400 pilot
businesses last year that tested the BAS system and currently lodge BAS's for 10
companies on line under Win98. Shortly, we will be adding another 21 businesses
to this list.

Not being able to do it under Linux is delaying my ultimate move to become a
complete Linux shop.

So, if you are willing to supply the contact details, (off list if you like), I
will contact the ATO person myself.

Alex