[plug] [OT] Looking for cheap P4

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Aug 28 00:41:07 WST 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Chris Caston wrote:

> Beware of the Prescott cores. They run hotter and you may require a well
> circulated case.

Could someone please clarify whether the Prescott cores are the P4's
that do the multithreading?

We apparently need to buy a new system sometime soon, and it needs to
have multithreading, that Anne has told me is only available from P4's,
and there is this Prescott core thing.

Apparently, what Anne has to run, is quite slow on anything other than
a P4 with multthreading, which is why I want to know about
multithreading and this Prescott core thing. Apparently,  the
aplication runs too slow on any other CPU than a P4 with multithreading.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale