[plug] network problem

David Hillier metal_fab at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 31 22:43:35 WST 2004

Hi
I am a first time user on the linux system ,what I am trying to do is make a
connection between my linux system and the windows machine ,the internet is
already connected to the linux box through an adsl modem into (eth0)and works
well , the modem incidently does not have routing capabilitys
There is another ethernet card also installed in the linux box (eth1) which
goes to a switch and from there to the windows machine ,now the problem is
that when I configure the second card to what i think are the correct
addresses and try to apply these settings  the config software hangs or
crashes ,in anycase nothing much happens, the other problem is that I my
knowledge about networking is limited  so I was looking for some assistance
with this problem if possible.

I am using mandrake 10 with the kde gui

David