[plug] Dual boot [unclassified]

Milan Pospisil pospim at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:28:20 WST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:32:56 +0800, Clark Julian
<julian.clark at cdpp.gov.au> wrote:
> I think that if you install grub, it should take over from Lilo.
> Not certain though, I've always booted with grub.
>
> You could modify your lilo config to boot your Suse install.
> I can't see why you would have to change your boot loader. (not that I'm
> that familiar with lilo)
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers,
>
> Julian
>snip<

Hi Julian,
             I do not necessarily have to change the boot loader, but
SuSE comes with GRUB and during the installation you are asked where
do you want to put the boot load manager, and the MBR of hda is
suggested by default. So I was not sure what would happen if I click
'yes' and perhaps what other options I have.
 I have never modified a LILO config before and the chances that I
would get it right on the first attempt are rather slim, however, I
would not mind some info/URL etc. in that general direction.
                                     Regards
                                                     MP