[plug] Prefered Music Format

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Dec 1 22:53:39 WST 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 17:23, Timothy White wrote:
> I converted a CD worth of MP3's to OGG and discovered that
> every single song increased in size (20-30% increase)

Re-rip them or convert from the WAVs/CDDAs if you have them.

Ogg will generally come out smaller for the same settings, and
re-ripping them will retain top quality as well as shrinking them,
where converting between lossy formats buys you the worst of both
worlds (worst quality, worst compression).

Cheers; Leon