[plug] email with copyright protection? Maybe a bit [OT]?

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:25:45 WST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:53:19 +0800, Daniel Pearson <gpearson at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> [...]

That sounds painful. And it could also be the cause. Although she
specifically said it mentioned copyright and getting permission from
the originator, whatever that means. I suspect it's one of those
things that I'll never know the answer to unless I come across the
software first hand.

But to bring it back on topic. This problem came about because she
couldn't read the file on a cd. I spoke with others who use photoshop
and they say they've generated jpegs that couldn't be read in windows.
I googled a bit for 'unreadable jpeg' and found some comments on a
photoshop list about others having this problem with win98 (winxp can
read it). I tried it myself and none of the win98 specific software I
have could open it or read it correctly. But I thought, why not give
OOo's win98 version a shot at it. Opened up a drawing, imported the
jpeg, and lo and behold, there it was, perfect. Good on ya OOo!  ;)

And more good news for os software. I opened the jpeg in gimp, saved
it as a gimp file, then saved it again as a jpeg, and that jpeg
worked. We could view it in all the win98 apps, no worries.

> > I don't think he gets the copyright message, but something similar.
> >
> > BTW, calls to the help desk have proved very unhelpful and nobody has been
> able
> > to solve his problem yet.
> >

> > Alex

> Cheers,