[plug] email with copyright protection? Maybe a bit [OT]?

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 6 17:53:19 WST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Polglaze" <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [plug] email with copyright protection? Maybe a bit [OT]?

> G'day all,

> >>It could be the client doing it.
>
> Coming a bit late, but one of the members of our Rotary Club has a similar
> problem with a different message.
>
> He is running Norton and following an automatic update several months ago,
can
> no longer save or open attachments.

Are you sure it was the Norton update that did it? If they're using Outlook
Express, go into Tools > Options > Security and make sure that "Do not allow
attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" isn't
ticked.. sometimes when OE updates, it automagically turns on that option..